Monday, April 28, 2008

A Work In Progress

Untitled
By C. Miner

This painting is one I am currently working on. I used oil paints on canvas board. I had started this painting a long time ago.....probably like 2002 or '03. I don't have a picture of what it looked like before this post here, but trust me it was much more harsh, more dark, more rough and a little angry. I guess I was in a darker place in my life then......so it didn't seem fitting to leave it like that (besides, I always intended to rework it into something better). And now is the time for that.
For me, painting can be a kind of "therapy", or a release. Something that can get me out of my head. Something that I can do to escape the busy-ness of this crazy world. Something that is just fun.
I think this painting has taken on a new feeling now that I've re-worked it. Still working on it so we'll see where it ends up soon I hope.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...