Monday, April 28, 2008

Autumn Sky

Autumn Sky
By C. Miner, 2008


This is another painting that was inspired by my visit to the Japanese Gardens last Fall. It is done in acrylics on canvas board. Here's the original photo I took while there (and thanks Lura for tagging me along with you).



As a child I always loved paint-by-number sets (and still do). But as I got older, these same kits that I would see in craft stores or wherever, seemed more and more "cheesy" to me. Not that that is bad, but I longed for something other than kittens with balls of yarn, still lifes with fruit, or cheap copies of Van Gogh, Monet, and other Masters.

So, I guess this painting, in a way, is my take on that "paint-by-number" feel. I like the way that each color in this is indiviual, but together, they make something more than they could by themselves.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...