Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The First Painting

Hibiscus



C.Miner, 2008



This is the first painting I have completed in a very long time. The one that got me back into it after a very LONG pause. (Thank You Shellia!) It is an oil painting on stretched canvas. I love oils. The way the paint flows and blends is incredible. It always seems that when I work with them, the painting has this light or glow or something that I have yet to acheive when I use acrylics. I just get too impatient with the LONG drying time.

I painted this from a reference photo I had saved from like 10 years ago! I guess I knew it would be a good subject, but never got my head wrapped around it until recently. It took just a little urging from a dear friend to get started again. So Shellia, this painting is for YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...